Hello there! Please sign in or create a new account.
Click on the tab to open the menu ›
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4693: file_get_contents(/var/www/server): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Do Dæmon fall in love?

Post any comments or remarks that apply to the books in general here.

Do Dæmon fall in love?

Postby Mossface12 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:59 pm

I was wondering if the Dæmon would fall in love with another humans Dæmon?
Mossface12
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Re: Do Dæmon fall in love?

Postby CheekyAJ555 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 pm

I would say yes, but when the humans have fallen in love. I don't have a reference, but PP mentions something in the book that the Dæmon were stroking /fondling each other when the humans were kissing, so they were showing affection.
CheekyAJ555
Unsettled Dæmon
Unsettled Dæmon

Postby Theo » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:07 am

I think that maybe the Dæmon could show fondness or love before the human realizes it, being a yet hidden feeling. Or you know, anger etc. Pantalaimon shows fear a lot of times and Lyra tells him to stop being scared, and we can conclude that she was scared but didnt want to admit it to herself (or others).
Theo
Unsettled Dæmon
Unsettled Dæmon

Postby tearsintheearth » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Dæmon's are an extension of the person's self. I would guess it is more complicated than just 'they do'. For example if the person did fall in the love and the Dæmon didn't, that would say something about the person. I reckon this is pretty unlikely though and that for the vast majority of people their Dæmon would have similar feelings as they do.
"we have to build the republic of heaven where we are because for us there is no elsewhere"
All's for the best in the best of all possible worlds
Everyone wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die
tearsintheearth
Steward
Steward

Dæmon Species: Kestrel
Dæmon Name: Αεì πιστός

Postby peteralan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:16 am

think that maybe the Dæmon could show fondness or love before the human realizes it, being a yet hidden feeling. Or you know, anger etc. Pantalaimon shows fear a lot of times and Lyra tells him to stop being scared, and we can conclude that she was scared but didnt want to admit it to herself (or others).
peteralan
Unsettled Dæmon
Unsettled Dæmon

Return to General Discussion