Hello there! Please sign in or create a new account.
Click on the tab to open the menu ›
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4693: file_get_contents(/var/www/server): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Will Lyra n Will meet again

This forum is for all stuff related to the final book in the trilogy: The Amber Spyglass.

Re: Will Lyra n Will meet again

Postby Reiyn » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:11 am

They HAD one small window. The one from the land of the dead. They couldn't afford 2 windows. They were supposed to make sure they created as much Dust as they could to compensate for the dead window.
Reiyn
Unsettled Dæmon
Unsettled Dæmon

Dæmon Name: DragonflySea

Postby ash_nim_4ever » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:09 am

I believe they will meet again, if not in life they will when they die
Ashleigh(Ash): Human: Obsessed with Muse
Nimolu(Nim): Dæmon:Obsessed with mediocre issues
ash_nim_4ever
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Dæmon Species: Unsettled
Dæmon Name: Nimolu

Postby sab39 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:01 am

Lyra was able to dream about what was really happening to Roger in the land of the Dead when she was in the enchanted sleep. Perhaps something along those lines will allow them to at least know a little bit about what's happening in each other's lives.

I do believe that they will both meet and fall in love with someone else and spend their lives with that person. I don't see either of them as the kind of person that would turn into Farder Corram. Perhaps that's who "Tom" is at the end of Once Upon A Time In The North.

But I'm sure they'll also meet in the Land of the Dead after living full and happy lives. Whichever one arrives first, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, would wait there for the other.
sab39
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Dæmon Species: rat
Dæmon Name: Kaylee

Postby Trillian » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:13 pm

I don't think they'll meet again in this life, but I wouldn't be surprised if they met in the Underworld. However, could bring up the Dido issue of running into a lover while with a husband (look up The Aeneid, books 4 & 6 if you don't know what I'm talking about). We don't know if Lyra or Will would marry or not. I think they would, simply because I can't see either of them remaining single. I could see Pullman writing it like Lee and Hester...
'It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.' - W.E. Henley

"Let's all go home.
They can't stop us.
Nobody has the right to stop us." - Endou Kenji
Trillian
Street Urchin
Street Urchin

Dæmon Species: Barn Owl
Dæmon Name: Zingday

Postby jack o'neill » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:24 pm

this story,with lyra and will,shit-i'm thirteen years old,and i almost cried!! I hope thet phillip create,that iorek or serrafine or somebbody else create a thing that can connect world of lyra and will,that they are back together,the window in other world may not leaving dust from world,isn't that shoud be fantastic?
My Dæmon's name is Pantalaimon.He is snow leopard.
jack o'neill
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Dæmon Species: Snow leopard
Dæmon Name: Pantalaimon

Postby HDMforever » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:47 pm

I don't think they'll ever marry other people. Maybe I'm just naive, but I just don't think it could happen. Remember the quote from The Amber Spyglass where Lyra was thinking how Will would never be unfaithful even if the one he loved was in a different world, like his parents? I think she'd be the same way; they might date, who knows, but I don't think they'll ever marry someone else.
"True love doesn't have a happy ending. True love doesn't have an ending." -Anonymous-

"He thought she would die of her grief there and then. She flung herself into his arms, clinging passionately to his shoulders, pressing her nails into his back and her face into his neck, and all he could hear was, "No--no--no..."" -Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass, pg. 485
HDMforever
Zalif
Zalif

Dæmon Species: Pine Marten
Dæmon Name: Niophus

Postby Trillian » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:03 am

Hmm... the Princess Bride approach, then?

Death can not stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
'It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.' - W.E. Henley

"Let's all go home.
They can't stop us.
Nobody has the right to stop us." - Endou Kenji
Trillian
Street Urchin
Street Urchin

Dæmon Species: Barn Owl
Dæmon Name: Zingday

Postby jack o'neill » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:33 am

i almost criend and i'm 13 years old,really!! sh*t
My Dæmon's name is Pantalaimon.He is snow leopard.
jack o'neill
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Dæmon Species: Snow leopard
Dæmon Name: Pantalaimon

Postby chaza4991 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:04 pm

maybe in one of the small books like lyras oxford they will, after all it did say that someone they knew well knew how to!
Deamon ~ Makaña ☺
Form ~ unsettled, likes to take form of staffs, tiger, monkey and ferret ☼

I will make the republic of heaven
chaza4991
College Master
College Master

Postby Tommy24 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:23 pm

I think they will find each other when they die. That was part of the reason to leave the window in the land of the (AKA so people can get out ETC...)
Tommy24
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Dæmon Species: Raven
Dæmon Name: Kyrdra

Postby Alihandreu » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:29 am

I'm 100% positive that they will get to see each other again before they die. I don't know why, but I get a feeling that LO wouldn't have been written unless they were meant to be together. I think they'll end up creating the republic of heaven. I really hope they do because I was not happy at the end of HDM.
~Alihandreu~

"Will-Will-be like Will-"
Alihandreu
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Dæmon Species: humming bird
Dæmon Name: fluthion

Postby Mils » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:36 am

Give it time. After a while you'll accept the fact that its how things are meant to be. There's always the bit of hope somewhere, but still, PP said that it was the end of their story.
Check out some of the other threads on this theme. (in BOD forum, maybe?). It helps.
"because He's Will"
Mils
Alethiometrist
Alethiometrist

Dæmon Species: Lion
Dæmon Name: Agapius
Team: Jacob

Postby Jessica99 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:07 pm

I suppose they could meet again, but all the windows (I was going to put doors, but windows seems more apt) seem to be closed firmly, on them getting back together, by Mr Pullman. There doesn't seem to be any logical way for them to be reunited, unless they do a lot of damage to the worlds. It is tragic, but it is truly the only way that it could end. They never do meet again, not in life, or else the Republic of Heaven couldn't really be built. After all, putting one's selfish desires first (no matter how personal and noble) will not help the Republic get built.
Besides, it's a good lesson ; life doesn't always have a conventionally happy ending. Lyra and Will cannot live 'happy ever after' because that's sometimes how things end up.
We all need room to dream.

My dæmon is a cynical hare called Alexius (Alex). It isn't easy, but if you do gain his trust he is unfailingly loyal.
Jessica99
Scholar
Scholar

Dæmon Species: Hare
Dæmon Name: Alexius

Postby Kaisa Mulefa » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:27 am

Will will (haha) probably learn some of the things his dad knew as a shaman. Therefore, he may be able to travel to lyra's world... In my mind they will meet again.
Kaisa Mulefa
Unsettled Dæmon
Unsettled Dæmon

Postby Aurora_Lumi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Personally, I think they do! I know I’m not the only one that realized what Xaphania (the female angel) said to them. She said “There is another way to go through worlds, but it is a way that takes practice and know how to use the imagination… don’t get it confused with pretending something… but actually grabbing the world you want to enter” like knowing where! What place and time maybe? I know I didn’t quote her right (I don’t have the book in front of me now) but she made it sound like if Lyra was able to grab that type of mind frame she would be able to enter into Will world. Well… if you think about it they already picked a place! The garden! Where they promised to meet every year so they can feel close to each other even though it’s in another world. (ok I’m crying again!) lol. Maybe it could happen like that! Hopefully because their love is so profound and real that this will help them imagine opening a “window” and entering one of their worlds.  Yes I do have a big imagination! Lol But you never know! The angel did say there was another way!
"'No,' he said, 'memory's a poor thing to have. It's your own real hair and mouth and arms and eyes and hands I want. I didn't know I could ever love anything so much...'"
-Will- Philip Pullman (The Amber Spyglass)
Aurora_Lumi
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Dæmon Species: W Wolf w/green eyes
Dæmon Name: Renji

Postby Knight » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Quick answer: No.
Long answer: Depends on Pullman.
Sssh, my common sense is tingling.

Danny wrote:I want a job toooo! I'm not old enough or anything, but still.
Knight
In Powered Armour
In Powered Armour

Dæmon Species: Hawk
Dæmon Name: Harrion

Postby Rod » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:00 am

Why whould Pullman wright that humans can travel to another worlds whitout the knife if he dident want to geet reunited? Sorry for my spelling, im tierd
90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this into your signature
Rod
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Dæmon Species: Unsettled

Postby bekkums » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:54 pm

I don't think they will. More so I hope they wont. It has a lot more meaning if they don't.
One of the areas of greatest internal disagreement [in Western theology] is between those who insist that God as the divine Absolute must be eternal and thus timeless and changeless and those who argue that such changelessness, far from being an attribute of perfection, is actually a characteristic only of dead things or of abstract thought rather than of anything living.
- Grace Jantzen
bekkums
HDM Human Resources
HDM Human Resources

Dæmon Species: Wombat
Dæmon Name: Baz

Postby Pan is awesome 123 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:39 pm

I know it seems like they could have left a window but,as someone said in another post opening a window is like killing someone. Do you really think either of them could live with that?
Pan is awesome 123
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Dæmon Species: Wolf
Dæmon Name: Clari

Postby Panizkwl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:12 am

Lol I agree I'm just like the stupid angel said that if u teach and learn and stuff that will create more dust so surely with the thousands of worlds there's enough dust for just one more tiny window
Panizkwl
Settled Dæmon
Settled Dæmon

Dæmon Species: African wild dog
Dæmon Name: Kairos
Team: Edward

Postby coolshot » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:28 am

John Parry had mentioned to Will they need to build the Kingdom of Heaven. Towards the end of the Amber Spyglass, Lyra had also reiterated they will build the Kingdom of Heaven. I believe the story hinted on this place and it is this place where they will meet again, cherish each others love and grow old together.
coolshot
Unsettled Dæmon
Unsettled Dæmon

Previous

Return to The Amber Spyglass